Sunday, June 22, 2008

Jun 22 @ Montreal Skeet Club

The club, located southwest of Montreal, Quebec had two shoots this weekend.

A QPTA trap shoot, the Quebec Cup and an International Skeet shoot.

I shot QPTA trap singles.

When I departed from home it was raining. By the time I arrived at the club the rain had ceased and the sun was threatening to come out. Not a windy day and the sun popped just as I finished my 100.

I come up the back way from the states and had to wait at the bridge that crosses the St. Lawrence Seaway in that area, as an ocean cargo ship was heading west. The bridge is one of the few left where traffic has to be stopped so it can be raised to allow ships to pass.

After crossing the bridge the check engine light came on : (

My wifes car (better gas mileage).

Nothing seemed to be amiss!

I checked the fluids and all was at the correct levels. Nothing was overheating.

I assume a sensor went out of whack or detected something not in spec. In any case, it will be in the shop first thing...

Upon registration I was placed in "D" class. I questioned this and was placed in "B" class.

Five birds per station, 50 targets per field.

No voice activation. I had one quick pull but other then that no problems. A few broken targets but I suspect a trap boy in a hurry loading machines.

A couple of 47's gave me a 94.

The only complaint I had, and I let it be know to QPTA shoot management, was the lack of a drop dead time for registering for the singles event.

I arrived way to early...

Normally, singles is the first event of the day. For this shoot it was doubles with a doubles registration start and end time.

Not so for singles. Several of us were left cooling are heels.

I understand why doubles is shot first, as not as popular as singles and handicap, but shoot management needs to give a drop dead time for registering for singles when they decide to make doubles the first event.

Make it an hour after registration closes for doubles or what have you, but at least address it in the shoot flyer.

If the answer is singles is open "until the last squad goes out" than that is not acceptable...

I have better things to do with my time then wait around at shoots that don't have registration start and END times, especially for what is normally the more popular event in regard to number of shooters!

I got the impression they did not think it was a big deal...

This was a QPTA shoot and not a shoot run by the club.

The International Skeet gang seemed to be having a good time. I snapped several photos.

After a few false starts the clubs main building expansion is underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment