Friday, June 06, 2008

On the way to the Kingston skeet shoot

Prior to crossing into Canada we stopped at the Indian Reservation and topped off the tank. A savings but a reservation closer to home was $.08 cheaper this very AM.

Uneventfully crossing into Canada at Cornwall, Ontario.

A major backup of vehicles going into the states, but I was able to drive right up to the booth on the Canadian side.

The person working had never seen an American with a Canadian Firearms License and she apologized at least three times, but I was issued a yellow card for a secondary inspection for what I would call a hand-off, as she was not taken any chances.

Firearm serial numbers were checked and we were on are way. It only took five minutes.

I say it was uneventfully as 90% of the time I receive a secondary inspection at that crossing. Usually a young person working...

At this crossing you have to cross a bridge. $3.50 both ways.

Two exits from the motel and a tire blows. I was going at a good rate of speed, as if your doing less then 70mpg on the 401 you'd get run over. The tire was a mess and traffic heavy.

A call to AAA on the cell put me in contact with a New York AAA office and they transferred me to Canada. The New York office stayed on the line throughout the call.

In 20 minutes a tow truck was on scene.

The donut spare was put on.

Using the GPS I found a Canadian Tire only five miles away and spent 1 1/2 hours waiting on a new tire. This was after they told me they would have me in and out in 30 minutes. If I knew going in how long it would take I would have just left the tire and returned in the AM, as I was at my destination.

Arrived late at the club and obviously to late to shoot doubles. We shot a few rounds of practice and attended the wine and cheese party.

A bonus when attending Kingston shoots is that major motels are only five minutes from the club.

Shooting third rotation on Saturday as we want to leave early on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment