Sunday, June 08, 2008

Skeet Weekend @ Kingston, Ontario

A warm and humid weekend at the Kingston Club in Ontario, Canada.

One of those weekends where you had to keep drinking water.

When I checked my vehicles temperature gauge on Sunday it read 89 degrees.

The wind had the targets hopping on Saturday, but the wind was a welcome relief from the heat.

A well run shoot. A positive attitude by all and the kitchen staff did a great job.

We had a good squad and that made for a good time.

The club experienced a few machine problems which distracted from the 110% effort put forth by the club and its members. The fields with modern basket machines worked flawlessly.

I talked to two shooter from Virgina, a first visit to Canada. They used the posted guidance on the Lost Target for crossing the border with firearms and was told I was right on the money. The did say with traffic and having to stop at both U.S. and Canadian customs, it took them one hour to clear the border.

On Sunday my back was acting up. An intense pain shooting down the hip and thigh on the left side. Was more then interesting when I had to move the shotguns from the motel. A half dozen Tylenol kept me in the game, but barely. I shot a 96 in the 28 gauge and 90 in the .410 event. Talk about being a happy camper when the last shot was fired.

We stayed at the Days Inn. The air conditioner acted up on Friday night. They came in and made an adjustment on Saturday and we were good to go.

We saw more than a few police running radar on the 401. More than I'm accustomed to. A number of vehicles pulled over. I got clocked at 73mph and was not bothered.

Crossing back into the states saw maybe a five minute wait at the border. The person working the booth had me pop open the gun cases so he could check serial numbers. We used drivers licenses and birth certificates to re-enter the states.

On the way home we drove past a New York wind farm. My first thought when we saw them, and they look huge even from a few miles away, was the War of the Worlds and giant alien machines.

For those upset with living near a shooting range, try living near a wind farm. They do make noise and it never stops.

Shoot Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment