Wednesday, June 18, 2008

SunBuster Shooting Glasses

I'm in the market for new shooting glasses and want to go a different route in regard to lenses.

Prescription lenses are costly, especially if several lens colors are wanted.

It was suggested I purchase SunBuster shooting glasses. You receive five interchangeable non-prescription lenses. At additional cost you purchase a clear prescription lens that inserts into the nose piece.

One prescription lens and five non-prescription colored lenses. That works for me...

I contacted SunBuster and Sved Optics who makes the prescription lens inserts.

SunBuster and Sved Optics replyed within 24 hours.

What I found was you purchase the SunBuster glasses from any vendor. Having the prescription insert lenses made is a separate process and SunBuster does not take part.

Sved Optics has the nose inserts in stock for the SunBuster Dude frames glasses. You send in your prescription as you would for any shooting prescription lens. They send you the prescription lens and the appropriate Dude frame nose piece.

I wanted bifocals as I have on my Decot Lenses.

The bifocal on the Decot's is the size equivalent of your smallest fingertip. It does not interfere with your shooting vision. Sved Optics offers such a bifocal.

Sved Optics gave me a number to call if I wished to further discuss prescription options.

I had also emailed the HiDefSpex company from there website, as I wanted additional information on what they offered and wished to do a brand comparison, but my email bounced.

Anyway, it will be a few weeks before I pull the trigger and make the purchase. But, unless another option presents itself, I will be making a SunBuster purchase.

2 comments:

  1. Joe, I got Randolph's Ranger XLW glasses from Texas Shooters Optical. They offer a similar prescription inserst for this frame. This actually worked out well for me as I went to extended wear contacts over the winter and I simply remove the insert and keep it in the case in the event I have a problem with my contacts. Tom at Texas Shooters Optical was very easy to deal with and was quick with reply and shipping once I made up my mind.

    Josh Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is one of the most significant information for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But should remark on some general things, The web site style is perfect, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers
    prescription glasses Canada

    ReplyDelete