Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Florida Clay Target News, Volusia County & Flagler

Update: The club now has a web site.

Volusia County Skeet & Trap Club

Operation Hours as Of 9/1/08

Wednesday and Sunday 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM

Saturday 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM

Address:
4031 Pioneer Trail
New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168

Phone: 386-679-7386

---------

Jack from the Flagler club had this to say.

Friday 8-29-08

Flagler completed the instillation on the roof of 5th trap field.

Saturday 8-30 we reinstalled the trap machine in the upgraded field 4 and we have 4 fields operational. Flagler will have the 5th field operational before the end of September.

The bathrooms are complete and working.

We are working on electric and water upgrades.

--

As a side note. Flagler will for the first time be part of the Florida ATA Chain shoot in 2009.

If you visit the club, it's a morning club in regards to skeet and trap.

---------

As I posted previously, the Palatka club is replacing the high house outside steps on a number of fields.

---------

Not official, but it was posted to a talk board that Jacksonville has replaced the coin operated system on the skeet and trap fields. They went with a different company.

I noted early this year they were having problems with the the newly installed system when I visited, but was assured a fix was coming.

If the posting on the talk board was not correct, I'm sure I will be quickly corrected.

---------

The 2009 schedule for trap and sporting clays is posted to the Florida State Association websites.

Bradford will once again repeat as host of the Florida State Sporting Clays Championships. If you want to see good targets, the club to visit. A very friendly bunch. The club also has two five stands, one elevated. From day one, we felt welcomed...

Nothing on skeet for 2009 on the Florida Association website. I would think something would be up in the next month, as the new year starts on November 1.

Problems on their website at the moment, but I'm sure they will get it all worked out.

---------

Before I start receiving emails in regard to Florida clay target shooting, I'm most familiar with clubs north of Daytona Beach. If you drop me an email I will be more than happy to try to answer your questions. Most clubs have websites.

A web page I put up.

Northeast Florida Clay Target Clubs

The non-member rate at clubs in Florida can be punitive, so ask before you shoot.

Gator does offer a snow bird membership for those down for the winter.

Gator has the only Olympic Bunker (15 machines) in Florida. For bunker practice, you can shoot any gauge and 1 1/8.

My first visit to the Gator club a few years back did not go well. One of the worst experiences I had at a club. The manager I dealt with back then is long gone and the club has invested more than a few dollars in it's operation. I took part in the trap chain shoot hosted by the club this year and had a good time. I also attended a benefit skeet/bunker fun shoot.

They don't have a Lost Target type website in the region and it's tough to get a handle on fun shoots being held unless you visit each clubs website individually. Rare to see a flyer posted at a sister club. My site is always available for such things, but...

I don't list the St. Augustine club, as they are a private club. They are located near the airport. I've shot practice at the club, but to be honest I don't have a handle on the clubs visitor policy and don't know if they want every skeet shooter visiting Florida to drop in unannounced. A beautiful club...

No comments:

Post a Comment