Thursday, November 06, 2008

Lost Target Odds & Ends (Nov 6)

Obama ammunition tax continues to be the #1 search term that I see when I check the daily Lost Target statistics.

I had posted on the ammunition tax issue in the past and not an Obama idea. I get the impression something he would support, especially if directed toward's the sale of handgun ammunition.

At this point something more to fear from local government than the federal goverment.

-----

Lead shot has fallen below $30, but I'm not seeing a drop in ammunition prices.

I would assume next month...

-----

I picked up my Remington 1100 from Gander Mt.

$40 to have the Feed Latch re-staked. I tried to repair it myself, but no luck. It needed the tool Remington sells for such repairs.

The gunsmith was not in and I had to deal with a store clerk.

He was more interested in talking war stories with other customers. After waiting a bit I made it clear I wished to be waited on. At first he had attitude, but seeing I was steaming he immediately got down to business and retrived my gun.

Not my favorite store!

-----

Did anyone notice the Lost Target did not post on McCain on the run-up to the election.

Articles and postings centered around Sarah Palin and Democrats.

I have no use for McCain or those running the Democratic party...

-----

The Lost Target and the election...

Paranoid or cowensadence?

When Palin was selected as McCains running mate I lost a RSS feed I was using shortly after I started posting about her. I was using a free service provided by a liberal collage.

The daily SPAM I received went up ten fold. My ISP caught 99% and placed it in the appropriate folder.

I was signed up for a number of internet services that I did not order.

I received items in the mail that I did not order. A shame that none were worth keeping and all put in the garbage.

My credit card was compromised and had to be replaced.

-----

I've taken down the majority of political postings off the main Lost Target page, but something I need to think about, as after seeing some of the postings on a number of talk boards, many gun owners have no idea or chose to ignore...

No comments:

Post a Comment