Saturday, April 07, 2012

Good Friday Trap Shoot @ Valleyfield

The wife and I crossed the border and attended the Good Friday shoot at Club de Tir de Valleyfield, St-Stanislas-de-Kostka, Québec.

22 shooters in attendance.

A cool day with a cold wind. 36 degrees at the club when we arrived.

We shot 50 per field.

Shoot Video and Results

Only stayed for the singels.

Used one of the smaller border crossings and no wait time coming or going.

Held my breath going into Canada, as long gun registration laws changed on April 5. The new law does away with long gun registration and the requiement to have a long gun registration card!

Not a problem when crossing and old rules seem to still be in place.

However, the registration card(s) is what you use with the license when entering Canada. I have a Canadian Firearms License and follow the same rules as Canadians.

The Canadian website still shows using the registration cards is valid, but had no idea when approaching the border if the crossing rules had been updated after I had left for the shoot.

Still no update as of this posting!

I'm sure they will come up with something that Canadians can live with in regard to crossing the Canadian border with a long gun, but I'm not expecting good things for Americans with a Canadian Firearms License. I suspect the use of the 60 permit will be required at $25 a pop.

I have an email in asking what the new procedure will be.

Expecting the worse and hoping for the best...

No comments:

Post a Comment