Monday, September 10, 2012

Golden Triangle Sporting Clays Shoot

An early start to attend the Golden Triangle Trap and Skeet Club (Brockville, Ont) sporting clays fun shoot.

I crossed the border at the Ogdensburg-Prescott International Bridge ($1.75 toll).  No lines and I was processed quickly. A short run west on highway 401 and I was at the club.  Maybe ten minutes from the exit, if that. For you upstate NY shooters, about an hour drive, going west, from the Massena Gun Club.

I arrived just after 9am, two squads were already on the course. 


The 75 target shoot was shot over three fields.  Thirty-five (35) targets shot off the 5-stand and twenty targets (20) each shot off two other fields, set as parcours.  A nice setup and things moved along smoothly.

A good variety of target presentations.  The rabbit presentation was enjoyed by all. We might not have hit all of them, but a lot of laughs.

Machines seemed well maintained.  This shooter didn't have to re-shoot any presentations.  A 75 target shoot and I shot 75 shells, never needing to use my extras. 

VIDEO

Lunch was included in the price of the shoot ($35).

A number of prizes were handed out in the lucky draw.  At first I thought they were items for sale, as they seemed to nice too be lucky draw prizes. I took home a very nice sport shirt!

A well maintained club.  The clubhouse itself was clean with plenty of space for hanging out.

The construction of the 5-stand shooting stands was first rate.  Nothing sticking out to snag cloths and the front was low enough for youngsters to use.

Gun racks were in good shape!

An hour after the shoot you would never know the club held a shoot.  Machines put away and even the broken targets littering the infields had been removed.

PHOTOS

I was asked if I was interested in shooting a round of skeet, but it was time to hit the road.  Lucky once again at the border, no traffic.

Maybe just the time of the year but saw four or five dead foxes along the route. I saw at one flock of geese right next to the road and one deer!





No comments:

Post a Comment