Saturday, February 02, 2013

Feb 2, 2013 @ Bradford Sportsmen's Farm

Member Appreciation Day was the reason for a visit to this Graham, Florida club.

Members and non-members alike could shoot for half price; sporting clays, 5 stand, FITASC, rifle and pistol.  You name it, half price.  Also thrown in was a free lunch consisting of pulled pork, fried quail, and all the fixings, to include a slice of  cake.

The weather was perfect.  Started out on the cool side, but in the afternoon 65 and sunny.  Not a breeze to speak of.

No more then five minutes at the club and I run into two co-owners of the club, both very welcoming and making all feel right at home!  I was offered a ride out to the FITASC course if needed, as I had my hand cart and the course was some distance.  Much appreciated!

Going out to shoot the first 100 of the day we meet Tom (88 years old) and he asked if he could shoot with us.  Made for a pleasant outing. I wish the old timers would each take time to write a book.  The stories they tell and they history they witnessed.  I could listen for hours.  Tom made the trip to the club a visit to remember!

The club has two courses and enjoyed both!


 Tom & Heide
 


Posing for a Photo!

Shot my 1100 without cleaning and not one failure to feed.

I was talking to a couple of shooters on the 5-stand and both were students of a motorcycle school in Daytona Beach.  I asked if they had shot at the Volusia club near Daytona Beach? They were not aware there was a club in the vicinity.  They knew where the Cabbage Patch was and were surprised to hear the club was only a half mile down the road.  I gather the club will be picking up a few new members in the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment