Monday, February 18, 2013

Obama NOT at the Azalea Open Skeet Shoot

I took a trip over to the Palatka Skeet Club in Palatka, Florida as I heard that President Obama was in Florida and I assumed he made the trip down to shoot in the Azalea Open Skeet Shoot. A 4-gun skeet shoot with doubles shot on Friday. The shoot has a long history and sees many snow birds in attendance.

With camera in hand I visited all seven fields in use for the tournament, but no President Obama!

I took a number of photos and video, but was greatly disappointed in not seeing the President, as for whatever other reason would he make a trip to Florida?.

SHOOT PHOTOS / VIDEO

When I returned home and while watching the nightly news I discovered the President was in Florida, but he passed on shooting skeet and instead shot a round of golf with Tiger Woods.

Unbelievable, playing golf instead of shooting skeet. A real skeet shooter would have passed on the golf event, a sons graduation, and a daughters wedding.

Obama a skeet shooter, I think not!

A cold and windy day on Sunday.  By 1pm the temperature was in the 50s and I think the wind let up (just a little bit).  The coldest day this winter in Florida.  Many northern areas of the state saw frost. Temperatures bouncing back to the 70s in the upcoming week, with maybe a day or two of temps reaching the 8s.

Shooters were in good humor. The cold and wind did not stop them from having a good time!



No comments:

Post a Comment