Saturday, January 04, 2014

Clay target shooting (Volusia), 15 mins from the Daytona Race Track

Well, maybe a little more then 15 minutes....

The Volusia County Skeet and Trap Club is 15 minutes from the Daytona International Speedway  if all lights are green. Maybe closer to 25 minutes during normal traffic, but only 15 minutes from the I-95 race track exit.

Thousands visit Daytona Beach each year, with most not aware that clay target shooting is just minutes away. 

Overcast on the day of our visit.  66 degrees when we arrived, 63 when we departed. 

A nice crowd on hand!

A volunteer run club and a friendly bunch they are....




 
My wife.  She just happened to shoot a 25 that round.  I dropped two : (


I don't believe I've ever seen this at any other club.  A three stand (manual traps) practice field for new shooters. As you can see, a favorite with the ladies!


I think they are using 10 machines on the 5-Stand.

 Memberships are $25.00 and Family Memberships are $35.00 per year. One of the better membership deals in Florida.  I find that if your going to be shooting more then a few rounds, purchase the $50 value pack.  That gets you 11 rounds of shooting.

As the club has no running water, we always stop at a fast food establishment at the I-95 exit before visiting the club to take care of business.

Next time you are in town and the spouse wants to go shopping.....

* Sand, not snow, is what you are seeing in the photos : )

No comments:

Post a Comment