Monday, January 13, 2014

Works for me, NobelSport!

We shot a case of  NobelSport 1oz, #8, 1200fps shells in sporting and were pleased with both recoil and target hits.

Shooting the shells out of a couple of 1100's with no failures to feed or eject experienced.  

It was only one case, but we didn't experience any brass/hull separation that I see from time to time with factory Remington Gun Club shells.   For whatever reason with the gun clubs, the Remington 1100 extractor can pull the brass right off the hull.

Remington Gun Club

Not much of a buildup seen when tearing down the 1100's for cleaning. Pretty clean actually and looks like I could of shot another four or five boxes without any issues.

I have a case of 1 1/8, #7 1/2 NobelSports that I want to take to the range and see how the recoil feels.  I've been leaning more and more towards #7 1/2 shells for sporting, in either 1oz or 1 1/8 oz., especially when shooting at distance and rabbit targets.

Both Remington 1100's were shot with 28 inch barrels (LM choke).  Maybe it's just me, but when I shoot using either a 28 or 30 inch barrel, my failure to feed or eject problems seem to go away, versus the problems I've experienced in the past shooting 26 inch barrels, especially with one of the 1100's I own.

No comments:

Post a Comment