Sunday, February 23, 2014

International Skeet Shoot @ Gator

The Gator club host International Skeet Shoots in conjunction with major bunker shoots at the club. I took advantage of my visit to the club to check out the bunker shoot and took photos and shot some video of the 2014 Southeastern Regional International Skeet Championships.


Prior to the start of the shoot I saw some singular skeet practice.  Targets were being smashed, but I was thinking, you need to be practicing as part of a squad, as not the same rhythm when practicing by yourself.  At the least, slow down the pace. Sure enough, not a good round for those I saw practicing by themselves.
Many minutes can go by from station to station before it's your turn to shoot again. A very slow sport with a full squad, for sure the slowest of the clay target disciplines.  Maybe, I just had a lucky hunch in my observation, maybe not, but I can assure you I would have received the roll of the eyes if I offered any advice!

The random skeet release delay was working well and I didn't observe any no target calls.

VIDEO & PHOTOS

No comments:

Post a Comment