Monday, July 07, 2014

Odds & Ends UPDATE

I mentioned in my last posting that I was involved in a vehicle accident.  I wasn't at fault, no injuries.

The owner stated he was insured for $5,000,000 and went off on me while I was calling the police. He was really upset that I was calling the police.  Kept telling me that I didn't have to do that and I was called some swear words that I had not heard in the past few years.  I gather he was trying to intimidate, trying get me to just do a "friendly" exchange of information without police involvement!

Today, I'm contacted by my insurance company and they state the other vehicle owner had lapsed insurance.  His insurance company would not be honoring the claim.

Thankfully, I have collision and can have the vehicle repaired on my insurance companies dime.  There lawyers will be taking the other party to court to recover there cost.  They will also be suing to recover my deductible.

If I only had liability insurance and not collision I would have been left holding the bag, the one to take the other party to court to recover my expenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment