Thursday, May 21, 2015

Remington 1100 broke for the last time

The end of the line for my Remington 1100, as a piece of metal fell out of my receiver during cleaning. 

Could it be repaired?  Not by me and nothing I would want to sink any money into, as the gun was basically shot out and not worth the monies to repair (if possible).

Purchased the firearm used back in the 90's for a ridiculously low price from a disgruntled shooter. Came with two barrels, to include a skeet barrel (sold) and a Remington green case (sold).






I looked at a few used 1100's for sale but ended up placing an order for a new 1100 with a 28 inch barrel.  I found a good deal, as it will be in my hands for under $1000, to include FFL fee and shipping.  The only downside is it won't ship until June 1st and I will be shooting my backup at a couple of shoots.

A new gun will leave me with an extra barrel.  I expect to sell either the new one or the one on my now broken 1100.  That will further bring the purchase price down. 

I also have the option of selling the stock and forearm, as I now have an extra set. 

I like semi-autos and looked at other makes the last few years anticipating the day my 1100 would break for the last time, but kept coming back to the 1100. 

///////////////////////////////

Update.

Received a tracking number on May 23rd.  Not having to wait until June 1st for shipment!

No comments:

Post a Comment