Tuesday, June 02, 2015

UPDATE: Remington 1100 broke for the last time

After thinking my Remington 1100 receiver was scrap metal I found out differently.

While attending a sporting clays shoot at Vernon National I ran into a person who works at the Remington Gun factory in Ilion, NY.

He told me what had broke was the receiver barrel support and it was repairable.

I contacted Remington and they told me to send it to a designated Remington service center (they provided a shipping label and order # via email) to see if it could be repaired, and if so, I would receive an estimate.

Received an email from the service center stating it would cost $80.  Unfortunately, I had only sent in the receiver and they wanted the complete shotgun, as they were required to test fire the shotgun before they could return it.   A little upset on that turn of events, but just the way it is!

The rest of the firearm sent out this AM.

I expect at the end of the day to be selling the firearm, but to whomever I sell it to, understanding it's like purchasing a used vehicle with 150,000 miles on the speedometer.

Meanwhile, I picked up a newly purchased Remington 1100 from my FFL on Saturday.  Seemed to fit right out of the box.

I found what looks like a manufacturing defect on the forearm finish  :  (

A call to Remington and they will be sending a new forearm.

This 1100 may end up being used by the wife, so a trip to a gun fitter at some point, as she usually needs 1/2  inch or so cut off the stock.

1 comment:

  1. Joe you are a patient man. I'm not sure what your attachment to 1100's is. But I'm sure you know there are far more reliable guns available.

    Nostalgia aside I would always be worried about the gun breaking in the middle of a shoot.

    However to each there own.

    Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete