Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Jan 13, 2016 @ Palatka Skeet Club

Palatka Skeet Club, Palatka, Florida.

A squad was departing when we arrived and the fields were empty. We had the seven fields to ourselves.  The club has some great turnouts for shoots, but I've found Wednesdays not crowded except for maybe the week of the Azalea shoot (over 100 shooters).  Looking at the sheet they had a number of shooters in the AM, but by the time we arrived (1PM), empty fields.

 In the high 50's.  Pleasant, but not a day for shorts. If the sun was out, maybe!

 Member rate is $5.

I picked up several cases of Cleaver shells.  We shot four rounds each and no cycling problems.  Seemed to be soft shooting. Powered targets. Don't know how they will do on a sporting course.  Maybe Saturday I'll give them a try.

Lawry targets.  I shoot them at various club in the USA and Canada and haven't had any target issues in recent memory.  With the Canadian exchange rate (favors the USA dollar) and the price of fuel I imagine U.S. clubs are getting a good price.  If I was buying Canadian money back in my region I'd be getting $1.40 Canadian for every US dollar exchanged. 

The club purchased a PAT trap but unfortunately not yet installed on the clubs lone trap field. We were prepared to shoot a few rounds.  I asked if it was going to have voice release and was told not at this time.  If they go that route I hope they go wireless.  Makes for easy setup and tear down (and easier maintenance).

The club is hosting a Rodeheaver Boys Ranch Charity Shoot on January 23rd and we plan on attending.

////////////

I contacted Rodeheaver Boys Ranch and I'm told the shoot is full with 24 teams.  Thankfully I dropped them a line and asked about pre-registration, as it would have been a disappointment to arrive and not be able to shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment