Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Jan 6, 2016 @ Volusia Gun Club

Volusia County Skeet and Trap Club

Fifteen minutes from the I-95 Daytona International Speedway exit.

73 degrees and windy.

I'm thinking one of the most active clubs on the east coast and that's with only three skeet fields, three trap fields, and 5-stand.  I would suggest they have more targets delivered in three months then most clubs have delivered in a year.

When I pulled into the parking lot I had to remind myself they weren't having a shoot, just that the parking lot is always full. We had to park in the overflow parking area. 

I'm told the club is 5th in the state of Florida in regard to registered trap targets thrown. And, that's with only offering ATA Big 50 targets, twice a month on Fridays.  I heard talk of an upcoming ATA shoot, but no details.






Didn't make it down to the 5-stand.

When to visit the club?  I suggest you arrive later in the day.  Let the initial crowd thin out a bit. With people waiting to shoot you have to give up the field after one round.  In the last hour and a half the crowd had departed and we could of kept shooting skeet without having to give up the field. 

The club has a lease that coming up for renewal sometime in the next year or two.  I suspect with a long term lease in hand you can expect to see an expansion of club facilities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment