Saturday, March 05, 2016

March 5, 2016 @ Okefenokee Sporting Clays

Okefenokee Sporting Clays, Folkston, GA





Saturday afternoon (1pm) and no one at the club.

Empty, none, nobody!

I checked the clubs web site just this AM to verify hours and to see if anything was scheduled.

Posted on the site; Saturdays and Sundays from noon to dark.

A two hour drive and........

I looked around but no closure notice, nor explanation.  I was hoping to see a note, "back in 15 minutes", but nothing.

In the old days this would be the point where I go off, but what's the point.

I had two clubs in the GPS that were an hour away and along the route home.  We choose one and were able to get in some shooting.  If I known we would be driving for a little over three hours to shoot clays we would have driven to Tampa Bay Sporting Clays and made a day of it.


2 comments:

  1. Should have shot Amelia. We drove up from Orlando to shoot the afternoon.

    Nice course. Not overly busy.

    Excellent lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must have just missed you as that's where we ended up.

    ReplyDelete