Monday, May 02, 2016

Canadians Entering the USA with a Firearm ATF Form 6NIA

Q&A Category: Nonimmigrant Aliens.

What documentation does an alien need to show U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) when entering the United States with a firearm?

When entering the United States, an alien must show CBP both the approved Form 6 NIA (5330.3D) permit, and if admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa, appropriate documentation demonstrating you fall within an exception to the nonimmigrant alien prohibition.

[27 CFR 478.120] Last Reviewed February 10, 2016


Simple enough.  If you don’t require a VISA you don’t need a shoot invitation or hunting license.

Unfortunately, not always the case for Canadians that don't require a VISA to enter the United States and may be required to show a shoot invitation or hunting license.

What can you do if you wish to use the non-VISA option and not allowed at the crossing you use?

Submit a Complaint/Concern to U.S. Customs and Border Protection

* If entering via the state of Washington a shoot invitation for target shooters required.

If submitting a complaint I  suggest you copy and paste the Q&A to your writings.

Lost Target ATF Form 6NIA Guidance:

1 comment: