Thursday, July 14, 2016

Beretta EZ Bolt release lever Installed A-400

If it wasn't for the YouTube video I wouldn't have been able to install the upgraded release lever as no directions for removal and install comes in the package.  I watched the video several times before I placed an order and had to go back to it a number of times during the install.


Before you start you need a 1/16 pin punch, a large paperclip, and Loctite Threadlocker Blue, and patience.

When you use the punch on the small pin (see video) I recommend you cover the area with a piece of scotch tape to protect the finish.

I went with a black release.

Did I say you need patience....

First time I had the trigger out. Hey, what can I say, it's an A400, not one of my 1100's.  Wiped down the trigger and also the inside of the receiver.   Not much to clean.  Compared to the 1100, re-installing the trigger took little effort.

I don't see any need for an oversized bolt handle. If the guns working properly the only time you need it is when you lock the bolt to the rear when departing your vehicle.

I thought I was going to have to modify the T&S Industries Shell Catcher Beretta A400 (cut off the tab) that I use for trap singles, but they've came out with a shell catcher for the A400 Xcel Multitarget (without the tab) that will fit without modification.

The shell catcher was suppose to arrive today, but the Post Office failed to put it on the truck at one of it's transfer facilities and I won't receive it until tomorrow AM.



No comments:

Post a Comment