Sunday, July 10, 2016

July Sporting Clays Shoot @ Northeast Kingdom

Northeast Kingdom Skeet & Sporting Clays Club - Burke, Vermont

Up at 5am.  Left the house at 5:30 and arrived around 8:30.  Coming in from New York and part of the trip is a 12 minute ferry ride across Lake Champlain.  Stopped at a McDonalds near the club to put on my rain pants, boots and too freshen up.

A wet, cool day.  Down to an on and off drizzle when I arrived and after 5 or 6 stations I took off my rain jacket.  I didn't have any slippage (mud) issues when walking this mountainous course. 

 Photo taken just off the trail between station 13 and 12.

 Peek a boo...

 My squad

Best hamburger I've had this year.

Surprisingly bugs weren't a problem.


* A number of photos displayed until you get to the video portion.  Peek a boo bear does make an appearance.

15 minutes after leaving the club the downpour began.   Rained pretty good on the way home for about 45 minutes. 

I was trying out RIO 1oz., #7.5 shot shells.  I usually shoot #8's.  I hit the edge and got a visible piece on more then a few targets that I thought I missed.  Maybe the larger shot size? 

I'm sitting on several cases of 1 1/8 oz. shells that I won over the years, but never shot.  The $80 a case stuff.  This weeks practice I'm going to give them a try and see if that's the direction I want to go or stay with 1oz. shells in competition.  Recoil issues over a long day or not?  I have the New York State shooting at the end of the month and the next couple of practice outings will decide what ammunition I'll be using.


No comments:

Post a Comment