Saturday, July 16, 2016

T&S Shell Catcher for Beretta A400 Excel Blue and Multitarget

I shoot trap singles with my A400 Excel Sporting (30 inch barrel / No KO) and use the T&S Shell Catcher in order to not bounce shells off the shooter (or gun) to my right. 

Works perfectly, much better then the one I use on my 1100's.  Snaps in place and doesn't slide.

I've been wanting to change out the bolt button release on the A400 for a Beretta EZ Bolt release lever, but had been holding off as I was going to have to cut the tab off the T&S A400 Shell Catcher so it would fit with the EZ installed.

Long story short.  The wife shot my A400 a few times and at first had problems with the bolt button release.  She got better with it, but I knew it was time for the upgrade.

I saw mention on a talk board that someone was using a T&S that he cut down on a Multitarget and asked him if he was having any problems.  No problems and he brought to my attention that T&S had come out with a shell catcher specifically for the Multitarget (that comes with an EZ Bolt release installed).


Without the tab,$18.95.  With the tap, $13.95. 

The T&S Multitarget works with the A400 Excel and saved me the work of cutting off the tab.  If you don't have a gun with the EX Bolt, you want the one with the tab.

$5 more without the tab (shorter production run I assume).  Paying for the convenience.  Purchased two (2) as I know I'll misplace at some point. 

I visited several sites, but not in stock.  In stock at Gamaliel Shooting Supply.

---

Today was the first time using the Beretta EZ Bolt release lever.  Wished I had installed it sooner. 

Did I say my wife shot my Beretta previously.   Her gun stayed in the cart after the second sporting station and she shot mine all day.  Seems to fit her well.  Never worried about how man shells we both put through it in one outing, as it seems you can shoot it almost forever before needing a cleaning.

---

Also, today I experimented and shot STS 1 1/8 shells in sporting practice.  I switched between the STS and 1oz RIO that I've been shooting. 

Recoil wise, no difference that I could detect, but I'm sure there had to be. 

When you hit a target good with 1 1/8, it sure looks pretty : ) 

Will be attending a benefit shoot down in the Albany, New York region next weekend and will give them another workout, but 1 1/8 will be what I'm shooting when I attend the New York State Sporting Clays Shoot at the end of the month.

---

We were shooting sporting clays at the La Roue du Roy (Quebec) today and was told by staff that machines were being moved about this upcoming week.   Nice to hear that.  A few clubs I visit haven't moved a machine in recent memory (well, maybe a station or two).






No comments:

Post a Comment