Thursday, August 18, 2016

Broke an Remington Forend Support (Remington 1100)

We were at the range shooting trap today and my wife's 1100 didn't close properly.  When she pulled back on the handle a metal piece fell to the pad.

Part of the Forend Support. 

Only a $9 part, but after all these years you'd think the metal would have been beefed up to prevent breakage.    Lost count through the years on how many we replaced.


You can keep shooting the gun with a broken Forend Support.  I recommend snapping off the other half.  Replace the part when you get home. 

I keep a completely assembled Action Bar Assembly, Action Bar, and attached Forend Support in the shoot bag.    I keep an assembled piece, as I've had the rail break in the past.  No quick fix for that.

The wife's gun was up and running as fast as it took to swap out parts.

When I got home I replaced the Forend Support from a spare I have at home.  An easy fix.  The new part just slides on.

I had a major gun failure a few years back due to a broken Forend Support.  The broken piece stayed in the chamber and when the gun cycled it broke the Interceptor Latch Spring.  What a mess. I was told after the fact that I could of pulled out the Interceptor Latch and the gun would have still worked as long as I didn't load more then two shells. 

I'm thinking Beretta for the wife.....

No comments:

Post a Comment