Monday, August 01, 2016

NY State Sporting Clays Championship @ Rochester Brooks

Rochester Brooks Gun Club, Rush, New York



Friday, warm and humid.  A breeze kicked up in the area of the club where FITASC was being shot and made the afternoon a little more bearable.

On Saturday we had a sprinkle of rain in the AM, but other then that a dry day. Uncharacteristic for the club, but problems with several machines.  I've been attending at least one shoot a year for the last 10 years (or more) and not a common experience.  My Sunday 8:30 start saw no major issues.

One of the 5-stand's had a rabbit target thrown so close you could almost reach out and touch it.  So many shot and missed, resulting in a number of laughs.

A shotgun for Junior shooters was awarded by lucky draw, as well as one for main event shooters (lucky draw).  Cases of shells (lucky draw) for New York State residents.  All those cases and never had my number called.

Three videos and a number of photos posted (along with a link to results).   FITASC, 5-Stand, and Sporting Clays are the three videos posted.  If you like to see targets break I think you'll be happy.

VIDEO / PHOTOS / RESULTS

After the shoot I received a critique on my shooting.  Three accomplished shooters all said I need to work on my hold points.  Figure out where you want to break the target and establish a hold point no more then a third back.  Much appreciated.

No problems with the Beretta A400 (without a recoil reducer).  The EZ bolt release lever install was a good upgrade. I shot 1 1/8 in the main event.  2 3/4 dram I could shoot all day.  Can't really notice the difference between 1oz and 1 1/8 in regard to felt recoil.  I did notice when I shot a box of 3 dram, 1 1/8.   Beretta was at the shoot and listing the A400 $150 - $200 under going list price.

Mid County will play host to the 2017 New York State Championship. 

Vernon National (near Rome, NY) had put in a bid for the shoot, but not well known by down state shooters.  At a disadvantage going in and new to NSCA shooting.   I've been attending an annual Veterans Benefit shoot at the club for a number of years.  A beautiful and spacious piece of property.  They will have a NSCA shoot on September 10th.  Two individual shoots, 100 in the AM and 100 in the PM.  Posted on WinScore.

No comments:

Post a Comment