Sunday, March 12, 2017

Tachyon GunCam for Clays - Quick Review

A friend used a GoPro with a barrel attachment and I got a chance to play around with the unedited video,  Just no way could I see sporting clays targets breaking, even using slow motion.

Seen the advertisement for the Tachyon and it was pocketbook friendly.....

Camera operation is pretty straight foreword.  You do have to purchase a mini memory card.  The size you require is determined on how long your going to run the camera.  I picked up a 16GB card. 

In theory, the battery will last non-stop for 2.5 hours.   We turned on and off the camera at each station, conserving the battery.  Recharge (USB or plug) upon return home has been quick.

Also, by turning on and off the camera at each station it made viewing individual station videos manageable.

We took the camera to three clubs. 

Dark areas (flying in front of trees/brush in the shade) can be an issue. 

Best viewed full screen

I attached the camera to the barrel, with the camera lens 6 inches from the barrel/choke.  It worked, but the second time out the camera walked and I could see the barrel.  Maybe I didn't tighten it properly.  Now I attach at 5 inches and carry a tape measure to periodical check. 

You have the option of popping the mini card and viewing video from you laptop or any machine that will accept a card.  You can also use an USB cord.  I have not done it, but if you have the equipment you could review the video after each station.

I highly recommend a video program that can do slow motion.  Many times you have to slow down the video to see what happens in regard to barrel swing and leads.

I highly recommend.....

No comments:

Post a Comment