Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Tachyon Gun Cam - Trap Station 2 & 4

I've posted on my use of the camera for sporting clays and skeet, and highly recommend for those clay target disciplines.

For trap shooting I'm on the fence.  16 yard shooting.  A tree background didn't help, but saying that I think the combination of fast gun movement and an out going target pushed the camera to it's limits.

I would think if you held well above the roof (two eye shooter) you would reduce gun movement and achieve better video results.

I'd suggest frame by frame viewing if your trying to see barrel movement in relation to the target and looking for issues you or a student might have.

A short video, you decide.....


Shotgun used was a Beretta A400, 30 inch barrel.  Stock not modified.  Used for skeet, trap, and sporting clays.

Video shot at Sportsman's Club of Franklin County (St. Albans Bay, Vermont)

No comments:

Post a Comment