Friday, June 09, 2017

Canadian Firearms License Renewal


Received my updated license today. The renewed license is good for five years. 

Yes, Americans can apply for and receive a Canadian Firearms License.  You have to attend a class and pass a written test among other requirements.  The license allows for me to enter Canada with rifles, shotguns, and ammunition (also allows for purchase of ammunition when in Canada) without having to pay any additional fees or complete additional paperwork. 

If you don't have a Canadian Firearms License and you wish to attend a shoot in Canada you will be charged $25 (Canadian) for a 60 day permit (processed on day of crossing).  No handguns.

Back to my license.....

My current license was set to expire on July 19th. 

The last two renewals were not so customer friendly.

For the previous two renewals I was within two weeks of expiration and no renewed license? 

I had to telephone. Both times I found my paperwork was awaiting final processing (sitting in an inbox) in an office in Quebec.   In both instances I was Air Mailed my license and received just days before the one I was using expired.

I will be using the new one this Sunday....

No comments:

Post a Comment