Monday, December 18, 2006

Loose ends

Pass Port.

Don't forget, For those flying, a Pass Port is required to enter the states as of 23 January. This includes Americans who are flying.

For those driving, the re-entry requirements have not changed.


Temporary Canadian firearm fee.

I was asked at the Underhill shoot by more than a few shooters what the registration fee was for visitors bringing firearms into Canada. I thought it was $25 Canadian and did a quick followup.

Off the firearms center web site.

Once the customs officer has confirmed your declaration, it will have the same effect as a licence for you and a temporary registration certificate for all the firearms you bring to Canada. It is valid for 60 days. You can renew your declaration at no additional fee, if you renew it before it expires, by contacting the CFO of the province or territory where you are staying. To renew it, call 1 800 731-4000.

A confirmed declaration costs a flat fee of $25, regardless of the number of firearms listed on it. It is only valid for the person who signs it and for those firearms listed on the declaration.


Canadian firearms license.

American who received a Canadian five year Firearm License through Quebec.

No charge at present to renew.

You will automatically receive a package in plenty of time to renew from the Canadian Firearm Center.

However, It does not say so in the package, but you must submit a letter from your local Law Enforcement, this is the same type of letter as when you applied for the initial license.

For me, the local sheriffs department ran my drivers license and printed out a letter stating I was a citizen in good standing with no wants or warrants.

The Firearm Center will send the completed package to Quebec for final approval, and Quebec will not give final approval without the letter.

I'm not sure if this is just a Quebec requirement, but an American who just renewed his license had his approval held up because the letter was not turned in as part of the package. He was allowed to FAX it to the Quebec office once he found out it was needed. In any case, when renewing, just enclose the letter.


State side hunting license.

For those who use a state side hunting license to support the ATF Form 6NIA.

Many states now have the 2007 license available.

You can use your 2006 license to renew your ATF Form 6NIA, as long as the license has not expired on the day its received by ATF.


Factory ammunition.

I was able to pick up Estate 12 gauge ammunition this past week for $35.65 a case.

1oz, #8's. The same shells two years ago were $32 a case.

Shells at that price may make me take a look a second look at factory 12 gauge reloads, as lead is at $23 a bag and rising.



I've had more than a few ask me about IE 7 and how its slowing access to web pages.

It's the phishing shield that is slowing down your page loads.

Microsoft has released an update for Internet Explorer that fixes a problem with the browser's phishing shield.

I installed the fix, but if it speeds up a page load, it's not by much.

No comments:

Post a Comment