Sunday, February 02, 2020

Feb 2020 @ Saltwaters Shooting Club, St. Augustine, FL

Saltwaters Shooting Club

Sunday afternoon and crowded.  We bounced around from station to station instead of taking them in order.

A cart is a must and rentals are available ($6 per person).  A long walk if you don't. Members have use of a cart for free.

Two courses (moderate and one for the big boys).  Targets for all level of shooting.

$0.40 per target for non-members.

I think the last time I shot was in October.  A few medical issues have kept me off the range and just had a cortisone shot in each knee earlier this week.

First couple of shots my wrist were hurting, as well as my shoulder.  I missed the first six targets.  After a box the pain went away and more confident swinging the gun.  May take two or more outings before I'm back in any type of shooting form and before I even think of shooting trap (arm strength).


The wife shot her Beretta A300 Outlander Sporting for the first time.



Out of the box she had to have an adjustable comb installed and the stock shortened by 1/4 inch.

She shot two brands of shells.  1oz. 1200fps Fiocchi and Challenger.

Recoil wasn't an issue and no face slap.  Fit well in her shoulder and didn't have to feel for a sweet spot.  She thought it was lighter then her 1100 and found it well balanced.  No failures to fire.



No comments:

Post a Comment