Sunday, June 11, 2023

June 10th visit @ Club Pionnier

 No issues crossing the border.  The person working the border asked where the wife was?  I guess we've made more than a few visits this year. We know the regulars, or they know us.

Last time I visited the club was in 2010. GPS took me straight to the club (last time no GPS).  Traffic was running smoothly in the tunnel under the Saint Lawerence that I used, but noticed only one east bound lane was open. In 2010 on my return, the tunnel was closed because of an accident,

The first rotation was almost done when I arrived.

Registration looked like it was being run smoothly.

Lots of smiles and everyone having a good time.

The club has no membership fee.  One shooting rate for all.

Hotdogs, chips and soda for lunch.

I've been going back in forth on what camera to use. This shoot and a shoot at the Barre club on Sunday settled the debate. Lost some good shots but needed real-world comparison.

Didn't stay for the prize draw.

Forty extra minutes on the drive home.  Huge traffic backup at the tunnel. Drove south to a bridge but city traffic and stop lights. 

I'm thinking stay on 40 and cut east on 15 to Champlain Bridge.  Map program says 42 mins.  The tunnel route is 38 minutes. In theory I won't get caught in city traffic.

VIDEO/PHOTOS



No comments:

Post a Comment